Our client is a growing company, who, not only is changing in its size, but also in its culture, is looking to bring an experienced QHSE Professional onto their team.
This company is a precast and piping manufacturer for the civil construction industry and strongly believes in its values of integrity, teamwork, and flexibility, and would look for someone to be an embodiment of those values.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate the QMS functions and lead health, safety, and quality activities across the branches to improve quality of output.
The best person for this position is both a thinker and a doer. They can identify issues, hazards, etc. before they arise and start working towards solutions.
Be a natural problem solver and join in working with the team to correct the issues found.
People skills and leadership skills are highly regarded in this role as this person will be engaging with the team, coaching and influencing them, building their knowledge and awareness of the larger picture of the company and projects.
If you can self manage, implement self growth through personal learning, and thrive on a challenge you will work well in this position.
Areas of responsibility for this position include:
· Develop, implement, and review SOPs, SWMSs, policies, procedures and supporting systems
· Assist the company’s management to implement WHS programs and policies to meet the legislative requirements
· Assist and lead incident investigations
· Advise management on WHS matters and actively participate in problem solving and implementation of solutions
· Assist Managers and Supervisors to conduct Risk Assessments
· Conduct workplace safety audits
· Organise and assist with WHS activities and training as required
· Assist with the implementation of safety procedures and evacuation procedures
· Assist with the implementation of Fire Wardens and site HSRs
· Assist and advise on Return-to-Work programs
· Work toward zero HSEQ issues
· Ensure compliance with relevant Australian and International Standards
· Ongoing monitoring and review of QMS Manual
· Working with external and internal auditors
· HSEQ Risk assessments
· Incident investigations to ensure root causes and corrective actions are identified
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual HSEQ reports
If you want to be part of an evolving and growing company in a busy and high demand sector of the construction industry where you can have a real impact on both the company and the staff, hit apply now!
For more questions or info please contact Lachlan Bryce at [email protected]