Our client, one of Australia’s leading national construction organizations is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. You will become a part of their national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Proudly upholding values each day, their team are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors, and the communities in which they operate.
With some major projects in the pipeline, our client is looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join their team in Victoria based on projects in the Geelong region. Your role will be responsible for coordinating on-site construction engineering activities to achieve project time and budget objectives. Key responsibilities will include but not limited to.
- Report to the Project Manager for the discharge of duties; liaise with Site Managers, Foreman, safety officer, site administration and other project roles.
- Preparation and monitoring of project management plans including traffic, quality and environment plans, work methodologies, HSEQ project systems and registers.
- Attendance at project hand-over and start- up meetings.
- Establishment and monitoring of quality levels and controls as per specifications and project management plans in addition to reporting variances and rectifying quality defects.
- Identify and manage project resources for optimum productivity and assist Project Manager during start up to acquire resources.
- Cost management and reporting including preparation of project reports, cash flow predictions and progress claims, variation, EOT and contractual claims for the client.
- Review, revise, interpret and implement all requirements listed within works programming documentation to meet contractual requirements and to ensure efficiency and productivity.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A tertiary qualification within construction or engineering.
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of project documents, plans and specifications
- Strong relationship building, influencing and organisation skills, with an ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment.
- Prior experience working on commercial building projects is a must
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your application to Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone for a confidential discussion, 0438 517 092