- Permanent, Full time
- Based in North Geelong
- Immediate start available
Australian owned and operated, our client specialises in high quality products for commercial, civil and residential projects.
About the role:
As the Safety Manager, you will support the Victoria State QA OHS Coordinator. In this role you will oversee all OHS activities at multiple sites, ensuring regulatory and legislative requirements are met.
Assist in implementing and monitoring the site OHS framework.
- Assist in implementation of OHS/QA management system changes in conjunction with the wider Civilmart safety team.
- Advise and coach the sites of any changes to legislation, Australian Standards and assist with operational changes as required.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with managers, supervisors and staff across the organisation.
- Develop relationships with a range of external organisations, including WorkSafe, insurers, professional networks, health and safety advisors and consultants, and relevant authorities to keep abreast of developments in health and safety practices.
- Engage with workers to achieve a cooperative and cohesive solution focused approach to safety across all sites.
- Facilitate and promote the sharing of safety improvements, reporting, statistics, and documents between all branches.
- Present toolbox meetings and Safety team meetings at site.
- Assist with site incident investigations and reporting.
- Conduct Annual Workplace Safety Compliance, Risk Assessments/Audits and assist to improve compliance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Formal qualification in OHS and established skills.
- Experience in quality assurance for production/manufacturing organisation.
- Experience in managing and maintaining QHSE systems required.
- Ability to engage with staff, management and external contacts.
- Must be able to perform inspections in all areas of production
- High work ethic, practical, action orientated person.
How to apply:
Harvest Talent Recruitment is proud to be partnering with our client to find the best person for this opportunity. If you like the sound of this role, please click the “Apply” button to submit your resume. Applications will be reviewed as received so please don’t hesitate to apply!