Harvest Talent Solutions is currently seeking to appoint a Legal Counsel (Privacy Lawyer) to join our clients in-house legal team. We are looking to recruit someone who possesses good technical skills, has a commercial approach, is capable of communicating with people at all levels and is able to build positive working relationships. Juggling priorities and working collaboratively with internal stakeholders are also important attributes. While all of the above is important, ultimately we are looking for the right professional who can develop and grow within the business.
This role involves exposure to all aspects of this innovative and entrepreneurial business. Our client has a positive working culture, this is an organisation of engaged, excited and enthusiastic professionals who are passionate and dedicated to not only the future of their own career, but also the future of the company. Furthermore they are committed to diversity and inclusion and promoting a healthy work/life balance. Flexible working arrangements will be considered for the successful incumbent. You will be rewarded for your hard work with various employee benefits and have the opportunity to work in a diverse and friendly team environment.
The Legal Counsel is required to work as part of the Freedom of Information and Privacy Team, providing high quality legal services and advice. The focus of this role is on privacy and Freedom of Information work, but general legal advice is also required.
Skills & Responsibilities include:
- Provide legal advice in relation to complex Freedom of Information and privacy matters as well as general legal advice.
- Respond promptly to Freedom of Information applications and privacy complaints.
- Respond to complaints to the Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner.
- Conduct litigation at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal in relation to Freedom of Information requests and privacy complaints.
- Draft Privacy Impact Assessments in relation to projects.
- Process subpoenas and provide related advice as required.
- Undertake additional legal projects as directed by the Director and Legal Counsel, Manager Freedom of Information and Privacy from time to time.
- Proven ability to consult on sensitive issues within critical timeframes and to offer constructive solutions.
- Demonstrated experience providing quality privacy advice and processing Freedom of Information requests.
- An understanding of the constraints of a statutory, regulatory environment and demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislative provisions and judicial precedents.
- Demonstrated experience within an in-house environment preferred.
- High level strategic, analytical and critical legal decision making capabilities.
- High level written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
For a confidential discussion or to request a formal position description, please call Sean Walsh on 0438 789 899.