Unlock your legal potential with our client who supports it clients, families and embeds its programs in the community where all can provide. As Legal Counsel you will work on portfolio of diverse legal responsibilities and act as Company Secretary. If you’re ready to use your legal expertise in an organisation that makes a meaningful impact – apply today!
- Be part of an organisation that empowers individuals with disabilities.
- Dynamic Legal Challenges covering company, commercial and contracts law, property and employment law plus company secrateriat duties.
- Join a committed team fostering a positive workplace.
Are you a seasoned Associate Lawyer from Private Practice or bring in-house legal experience? Our client is a leading organisation, dedicated to empowering and supporting individuals with disabilities and their families. We invite you to be a part of their dynamic team.
Reporting to the CEO, as the legal subject matter expert you will:
- Fulfil legal obligations as the Company Secretary under the Corporations Act.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team to devise efficient legal strategies.
- Draft, review, and negotiate various contracts, agreements, and MOUs.
- Identify, assess, and mitigate legal risks, developing strategies to minimize exposure.
- Update governance policies to reflect changes in legislation and best practices.
- Manage legal disputes and represent the organisation if necessary.
- Provide training programs to promote legal awareness and compliance.
- Communicate and negotiate with external legal counsel, government agencies, and stakeholders.
- Act as the Whistleblower Officer.
- Support the organization in responding to the Disability Royal Commission and the NDIS Review.
- Manage corporate governance and oversee decision-making processes.
- Handle submissions and responses to regulators.
- Ensure legal privilege in workplace matters and investigations.
To secure your success you bring
- A Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree with a minimum of 4 years post-admission experience.
- Generalist skills, with strengths in commercial/corporate and employment law.
- Positive attitude towards people with disabilities and trauma backgrounds.
- Strong legal generalist knowledge and regulatory compliance in Victoria.
- High professional ethics and integrity.
- Proven time management skills, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and autonomously.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written communication skills.
If you are ready to contribute your legal expertise to make a meaningful contribution, apply now to be part of a great organisation committed to positive change.
As an inclusive employer, we encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
Applications Close Midnight Sunday 4thFebruary 2024