About the role
Join a mid-tier accountancy firm with a rewarding career path and a culture focused on delivering a bespoke service to clients, all backed by the strength of a global network.
Due to internal growth, our client is looking for an intermediate accountant who is currently completing their CPA or CA qualifications to join their Geelong-based Business Advisory divisions. This is an incredible opportunity to join a global brand in the heart of Geelong. The role will be a mix between tax compliance, financial statements and risk governance.
Additionally, this role, located in Geelong also offers a strong connection to the Melbourne office and the opportunity to expand on your networks with like-minded individuals.
Responsibilities will include;
- Preparation of income tax returns and financial statements for individuals, partnerships, trusts, companies and core tax compliance matters
- Preparation of BAS / IAS
- Consulting and advisory work
- Risk governance and process improvement
- Preparation and maintenance of accounting and taxation records
- Liaising with the ATO and clients
The ideal candidate will have;
- Minimum 2 years’ local experience as a Business Services Accountant
- Have completed (or be near completion) CA / CPA studies
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Have a positive can-do attitude and willingness to learn new things
Benefits for working with this firm include:
- On-going training and clear career pathways
- Study support & mentorship
- Training and educational programs to improve key skills, knowledge and the level of service provided to clients.
- Work life balance/flexible working arrangements
- Supportive, social, and collaborative team
- Work with a diverse mix of business clients
For a confidential discussion or to request a formal position description please call Stephanie Potaznik 0438 517 085.
How to Apply
Harvest Recruitment is proud to be partnering with our client to find the best person for this opportunity. If you like the sound of this role, please click the “Apply” button to submit your CV.