Events Manager – Part Time (3-4 days per week)
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Events Manager who is passionate about the community and environmental action. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to run well recognised events and awards programs across the state.
Our client is one of Australia’s oldest environmental groups, with a rich history in community reward and recognition, alongside 50 years of experience in program development and research to help Victorian residents and landowners protect the State. Furthermore, our client is recognised for organising the most sought-after awards which inspire community leadership and action for environmental initiatives.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
· Event management
· Development of awards material
· Liaising with stakeholders, volunteers and contractors
· Organising and developing event communication through press releases and social media
· Assisting with sponsorship and product sourcing
· Developing promotional material such as invitations and online event pages
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful applicant will demonstrate:
· Great interpersonal skills both verbal and written
· The ability to build rapport and strengthen relationships
· Autonomy and initiative
· Tenacity, resilience, self-motivation
· Work as part of a team to achieve tight deadlines
· A willingness to learn
· A willingness to travel
A background and knowledge in community events particularly awards ceremonies would be highly advantageous.
The role will be based in Melbourne with a degree of flexibility on offer as events will take place at various locations across the State. A salary package including a laptop and phone is on offer for the successful incumbent.