- Gain exposure to the greatest issues in the building sector
- Increase your skills and gain professional development
- Long term contract opportunities (12 months+)
We have several long term contract opportunities to join our client in statutory and governance activities. We seek Registered Building Surveyors, Registered Building Inspectors and Assistant Building Surveyors in Geelong, gateway to the Surfcoast. Building Inspectors and Assistant Building Surveyors can expect to have some of the following responsibilities whereas a Registered Building Surveyor will typically have responsibilities including:
- Investigate and evaluate building applications and Council consents.
- Assist with the co-ordination and issue of Building Approvals/Permits.
- Analyse applications to determine compliance with relevant legislation and to ensure applications are dealt with in the prescribed time limits.
- Assist with necessary legal action to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, local laws, policies and procedures of Council.
- Provide clients with a professional and up to date advisory service and assist the public with enquiries.
- Represent Council in public forums, legal proceedings and appeal hearings.
- Prepare reports and submissions to the Municipal Building Surveyor as directed and/or appropriate.
- Assist with the program of inspections and field investigations to assist clients and to ensure fair and proper compliance with relevant legislation and policy.
- Assist with the provision to the public and client’s advice and assistance associated with the preservation, renovation and maintenance of heritage and architecturally important buildings.
Preferred candidates possess:
- A proficient theoretical and practical knowledge and ability to interpret development legislation and practices and associated legislation.
- Knowledge of government policies and practices and awareness of current trends and issues.
- Highly developed analytical, investigative, interpretative and problem solving skills.
- Liaise and negotiate with business and community representatives and clients.
- Liaise with counterparts within the industry and staff to exchange views and resolve problems.
- A certificate issued by the Building Practitioners Board in respect to building surveying or suitable academic qualification that will allow an applicant to seek registration.
To secure this long term contract opportunity contact Chantale White on 0438 517 092 or Maree Herath on 0438 517 085.