We are looking for a Building Surveyor to facilitate the assessment and issue of permits and approvals on domestic, minor commercial and industrial applications.
- Investigate and evaluate building applications and Council consents.
- Assist with the co-ordination and issue of Building Approvals/Permits.
- Analyse applications to determine compliance with relevant legislation and to ensure applications are dealt with in the prescribed time limits.
- Assist with necessary legal action to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, local laws, policies and procedures of Council.
- Provide clients with a professional and up to date advisory service and assist the public with enquiries.
- Represent Council in public forums, legal proceedings and appeal hearings.
- Prepare reports and submissions to the Municipal Building Surveyor as directed and/or appropriate.
- Assist with the program of inspections and field investigations to assist clients and to ensure fair and proper compliance with relevant legislation and policy.
- Assist with the provision to the public and client’s advice and assistance associated with the preservation, renovation and maintenance of heritage and architecturally important buildings.
- A proficient theoretical and practical knowledge and ability to interpret development legislation and practices and associated legislation.
- Knowledge of government policies and practices and awareness of current trends and issues.
- Highly developed analytical, investigative, interpretative and problem solving skills.
- Liaise and negotiate with business and community representatives and clients.
- Liaise with counterparts within the industry and staff to exchange views and resolve problems.
- A certificate issued by the Building Practitioners Board in respect to building surveying or suitable academic qualification that will allow an applicant to seek registration.
Immediate contract opportunity