Our client, a registered charity and not-for-profit community service organisation, has a long-standing history of serving the Geelong community. Operating across various sites and delivering a range of services including settlement, training & education, financial counselling, disability and aged support, they provide an innovative and high quality response to the changing needs of a culturally diverse community. An exciting opportunity to join the finance team has presented to assist them for a 15 month period.
Working as part of a team, you will provide bookkeeping support for the finance team and the General Manager of Finance. You will also assist with the efficient functioning of the finance department. You will work under general direction from the General Manager of Finance in the application of established procedures, methods and guidelines. You will have the ability to solve problems using your knowledge, judgment and skills acquired, with some scope in the exercising of initiative within established work procedures.
You will be responsible for:
- Accurate and detailed data uploads and entries into accounting software and Excel spreadsheets
- Preparing & calculating high volume expense allocations in Excel
- Entering bank debit entries & bank reconciliations
- Entering credit cards entries & reconciliations
- Preparing journals under instructions
- General ledger reconciliations
- Generating and distributing financial reports to Departments’ managers monthly
- Assisting in entering data and formulas to prepare the organisation’s quarterly budget spreadsheet
- Collating documents for the Finance Department pre-audit and assist during audit process as required
- Assisting Payroll by checking timesheets fortnightly
- Intermediate skills working in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and the ability to learn to use other platforms and accounting software as required
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of and experience with bookkeeping
- Fast and conscientious learner
- Strong attention to detail
- Experienced in working within and contributing to a busy team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound all-round administration skills
- Well organised with an ability to multi-task
- Whilst a Certificate in Business Administration or Finance would be highly regarded, demonstrated relevant experience will also be considered.
For a confidential discussion or to request a position description please call Gabrielle Matthey on 0438 517 087.
How to apply
Harvest Talent Recruitment is proud to be partnering with our client to find the best person for this opportunity. If you like the sound of this role, please click the “Apply” button to submit your resume. Applications will be reviewed as they are being received so please don’t hesitate to apply!