As Geelong’s bespoke recruitment agency, Harvest has been providing talent recruitment to the Geelong region since 2009.
But, what are the key benefits in using a recruitment agency?
Did you know…
- It takes on average 35 hours of your time to complete the recruitment process to fill one role?
- When selecting based on interview alone, there is only a 14% chance that you will get it right in matching the right candidate to the right role?
- 80% of staff turnover can be attributed to mistakes made during the recruitment process?
So.. what do recruitment agencies actually do?
In short, a recruitment agency will source and place permanent, part-time, full-time, casual, temporary and contractor employees for clients.
If you have ever found yourself stuck when it comes to the recruitment process here’s a quick explanation.
5 key benefits in using a recruitment firm
1. Managing the administrative burden of recruitment
Recruitment consultants will:
- help you write position descriptions, effective job advertisements and key selection criteria
- respond to all candidates including the many who loosely believe they fit your role
- evaluate the resumes
- prepare interview questions including those you can use when it’s your turn
- assist in developing employment contracts
2. Access to Candidates
Recruitment firms both directly and indirectly have:
- a sizable candidate database
- client contacts
- access to passive candidates
- skills in directly reaching out to employed prospects who may be seeking a change.
3. Shortlisting, Selecting and Interviewing
Your consultant will be skilled in:
- Reviewing applications for direct and tranferrable skill matches
- Assessing suitability through resume and telephone screening
- Ommitting unsuitable candidates
- Narrowing the candidate pool
- Reference checking, police and licence checks
When it comes to interviewing, why perform a task that you rarely do when you can hone a recruiter’s key skill set?
Many well meaning managers undertake interviews but lose track of what they are assessing as they get caught up in the process itself without the ability to step back and analyse the responses they are getting.
Recruiters are across key interview techniques, to ensure technical, team and cultural fit is gained in addition to being across equal opportunity, antidiscrimination and privacy laws.
4. Further assessment
Recruitment firms draw on a host of profiling tools to further validate the right fit for the role and company. These include:
- Psychometric and personality profiling
- Values fit
- Computer literacy
- Numerical reasoning
- Verbal reasoning
- Diagrammatical reasoning and
- Abstract reasoning
Our recruiters have innate skills in employing within specific disciplines. These include:
- Accounting and Finance
- Information, Communication and Technology
- Manufacturing and Operations
- Human Resources
- Science and Engineering
The benefit of specialisation is recruitment consultants not only know the ins and outs of the role in question they will have candidates on the ready, suitable for such an opportunity.
Harvest is Geelong’s regional experts in providing bespoke and tailored talent solutions. We partner with small businesses, start-ups and large organisations to provide specialist talent recruitment and executive search.
Your work with a recruitment agency does not end when an employee accepts your offer. The recruitment firm has a stake in the success of both parties.
Further support can come in the form of:
- Performance Management
- HR and People Management
- Outplacement/Career Transition Support
Need help with your recruitment?
Recruitment firms provide support and follow up during the critical onboarding period.
If you’ve gone through the process yourself with limited success or feel there have been some blind spots you weren’t aware of, now may be the time to consider how a recruitment agency can help you.
To us, talent recruitment is about unearthing the very best person. We take into account your needs, your brand, culture and what makes you unique. We aren’t in the business of finding you the first person – we’re in the business of finding you the best person.
We do what we do best so that you have more time to do what you do best.
And really, what’s not to like about that?
Harvest Talent Recruitment. tel: 1300 363 128 to speak with Director Maree Herath or one of our expert Recruitment Team.